What are the permission levels? What is an Admin?
There are 3 permission levels
Super Admin/ Owner
The super admin is the account that first paired the lock to their app. There can only be 1 super admin per product.
The Super Admin has complete control over all the settings for the lock.
Here is a picture of the lock page of a super admin looks like.
Additional information about Super Admin/Owner
- Only Super Admins can set up Sifely Gateways to work with their locks
- Only Super Admins can receive unlock notifications.
An Authorized Admin can do the following. Authorized Admins can be created by the Super Admin.
- Unlock/ lock via the app.
- Generate, Edit, Delete passcodes, IC cards, & fingerprints depending on the lock model.
- Adjust settings like passage mode, auto-lock timer, & turn on/off the lock sound.
- If a gateway is set up near the lock, the admin can also remotely unlock/lock if the "allow remote unlock" is turned on.
Here is a link to an article on how to create an Authorized Admin. How to share admin access of my lock?
Below is a picture of the Authorized Admin's lock page.
Additional information about Authorized Admin
Authorized Admins can create and edit all access methods (passcodes, fingerprints, ekeys, etc.).
Authorized Admins cannot edit or view the passcodes that the super admin creates.
- Authorized Admins cannot set up a gateway to work with the lock.
- Authorized Admins cannot receive unlock notifications.
A basic Ekey user can only lock/unlock the lock.
Here is a link to an article on how to create an Ekey. How to share app access of a lock?
Below is a picture of the Basic eKey user's lock page.