If the lock is in a different time zone, and I want to generate a code, how does it work?
The lock has its own local time and the app uses your smartphones time to generate codes. Here is an example scenario.
- You are in California in the PST Time Zone (GMT -08:00)
- Your lock is in New York in the EST Time Zone (GMT -05:00)
- You need to remotely generate a code for a guest.
If you are using a timed passcode, you can set the Start Time the check in time adjusted for the time difference.
- Check in time for the guest is at 10:00 am in New York.
- You generate a Timed code for 07:00 am. This is to adjust for the 3 hour time difference between California and New York.
- This generated code will be available at 10:00 am in New York for use.