Why is it that my auto lock delay doesn't work when I open the door to exit?
One often misunderstood feature in the app is the auto-lock delay. This feature allows the door to remain unlocked for a specific amount of time before it locks. This is specified and saved by the lock user in the Sifely App lock settings. Here are some key points that clarify its use:
- Auto-lock only works when the door is electronically unlocked
- Web Portal
There is a difference between "opened" and "unlocked."
- If you open the door with a physical key, it is technically not unlocked
- If you open the door to exit with the inside handle, it is technically not unlocked
- For handle lock models (Sifely-S and Sifely-X), the lock will actually say "unlocked" when it is unlocked
- The timer for the auto-lock will only be triggered when the door is actually unlocked
For more information about auto-lock and how to edit the settings, see the following articles: