How does the new web portal differ from the older version?
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Cards Access
- We have improved the card access control, so now you can manage the card for different locks;
- We synced the cards you add via phone, it now appears in the web portal in real-time.
- Under ”Issue Card” you can now see where the cards are assigned and you can choose which lock name you want to delete the cards, Please find the name of the card name that you want to delete and click “Delete Access” Here’s the sample screenshot
This feature is not available in the new web portal at the moment, however, the Sifely team is to make it available again very soon. You can still view "records" on the Sifely App under the individual lock's menu.
- Sending an eKey using Webportal
It’s required that the username is already registered when sending an eKey, if the recipient is not registered you will not be able to send an eKey.
Here’s the sample message you will see if the email or phone number is not registered.
- When trying to unlock remotely I get the message “there is no gateway." What is a gateway and why is this necessary for me to remotely unlock?
Gateway is a bridge to put your lock online so that you can control it via your web portal. please pair up your lock with a gateway, so you could fully experience the web function of the locks.
You could buy it from our Amazon store. Tap the link below.
Also, here’s the video Instructions to setup the gateway
- Passage Mode.
Passage mode is not available in the new web portal, the sifely team is working on it, and we will release it soon. In this case, we recommend that you use the sifely app in the meantime to program the lock to passage mode
- Send passcode has changed to ‘get passcode’ on the web portal
You will see this in the right upper side “get passcode” after you click the lock name
- For phone number usernames, it is no longer required to put a "+1" (or the + country code)
With the new update in the web portal, you can now log in by entering the phone number without +1. Example: +155544445555 --->55544445555