How do a smartphone, gateway, and Alexa all connect with a lock?
See the following Diagram and the explanation below it.
- Gateways take a Bluetooth signal from a smart lock and translate it into a WiFi signal.
- Gateway interprets a WiFi signal sent from a smartphone and then communicates a command to the smart lock via Bluetooth.
- Smartphones can communicate:
- to a gateway through a WiFi Signal
- to a lock through Bluetooth
- Smartphones talk to an Alexa through a Wifi connection, and the phone will interpret the Alexa command; the smartphone can then talk to the gateway to pass on the Alexa message to the lock.
- Smart locks are natively using a Bluetooth signal; there is no built-in WiFi.
Please sign in to leave a comment.