Why does my Deadbolt only work with a key? Why is my lock doing the opposite?
Did I install the Sifely-E Deabolt incorrectly?
This could be a calibration issue, and it will require some reinstalling steps.
Follow the instructions displayed on the installation video Link and then pay close attention to the following key steps,
1. Determine whether the lock will be installed on the Right or Left side of the door (from the inside view)
2. Make sure the spindle is inserted at a verticle orientation. This applies to both the Left and Right Installations.
3. Calibration Switch for left-facing bolt or right-facing bolt. (match this with the inside view of where you installed the lock).
3. Door Knob position for left-facing bolt or right-facing bolt.
When installing the Left -sided lock, please ensure that the verticle spindle is attached to a horizontal thumb knob and that the lock is in the unlocked position. It should lock when you turn it 90° in a counterclockwise direction.
When installing the Right-sided lock, please ensure that the verticle spindle is attached to the vertical thumb knob and that the lock is in the unlocked position. It should lock when you turn it 90° in a clockwise direction.
After you have completed the reinstall of the lock and placed the batteries, here is an easy test to make sure the alignment is correct
- When you press and hold the lock symbol on the lock, the deadbolt should extend and lock the door.